Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Just In Case-Martin Williams

Here is a poem written by Martin Williams, who is serving a life sentence in Folsom Prison.

Just In Case

"Just in case, the worry-heavy world
Should cast a final backward glance
To whimper at what might have been
Before the horror of trumpets
Blown by indifferent angels
Burns and hails and turns to blood
The bone and breath and form
And I am not this
And you are not that
And for a moment, briefly
We all weep the same tears
And forget the too-many names of God
And all the bitter, biting ways
We clip the wings of each others' prayers

Just in case
I don't see you tomorrow
My friend, my friend
I'll see you again
Where we shall be healed
I'll see you again"

Image is from

2 comments:

  1. I like this poem because it is telling you not to be afraid of death or pain. Everything must get better eventually. Pretty deep, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture, it's so...mysterious. The poem's cool too, I like it.

    ReplyDelete