Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mistakes

Here's a poem I wrote. I wrote "forever" on a piece of paper and burned it in my wood stove, here's the picture. :)

Mistakes


A Mistake is made in the dead of night,
As the rain pelts against our souls,
As the milk white moon hides,
As the trees violently sway against the wind,
Where is our sanity?

For we have made a mistake,
Why did I follow you?
For stormy security?
Transparent crystal eyes,
I search for light,
Why did I listen?

Why did I trust and believe
the bitter and broken lies you fed to me?
Why did I follow with such intent?

Where have you gone now?
Where am I?

I drowned in your regrets and mistakes,
You have washed up with a stony heart,
I have washed up with none

Mistake,
I mistook you,
Forced my eyes to see the visions I wanted to
I mistook us for more than a two-letter word on a page,

Mistook power for love,
Darkness for light,
Death for life,

Now I lay in my shallow grave and you in yours,
Now neither of us will live with our discord,
For we are free,
Just mistakes of poetry,

No comments:

Post a Comment